[teiid-designer-dev] Re: [teiid-dev] 6.1 Release

Larry O'Leary loleary at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 11:27:07 EDT 2009

You make a very good point as far as the initial release.  We should be
looking at an initial baseline for all projects involved that are
considered required components.  Teiid doesn't do a lot of good without
a VDB.

As for patch releases, your are correct, they shouldn't really be done
but we shouldn't confuse a patch with a revision release.  A 6.0.1
release would give us an opportunity to role critical usability and
execution bug fixes into an already released 6.0.  We would think of
this as an update release and not a patch.