[teiid-designer-dev] Re: [teiid-dev] 6.1 Release

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 11:31:24 EDT 2009

I'm a connector developer and this release was not immaterial from my perspective, its an embarrassment.  NONE of my stuff works.  And just to be clear, this is not because of any defect in Teiid, but because of Designer problems that I identified too late to get fixed.

But you know what, I don't care, it's done.  I'm asking about 6.1.  What are we going to differently for 6.1 to produce a release that is interesting and meaningful to users.  Unless we patch the 6.0.0 Designer, which we don't want to do, you won't be able to use any of my connectors with a 6.0.0 Designer and a 6.1 Teiid either.  So we have to get 6.1 Teiid to work with 6.1 Designer as I see it.

I've already stated how I think we should do this, leave Teiid in the unstable bucket until we have validated that Teiid and Designer work together.  Then move them both to stable, which is the new 'GA'.  How you you all think we should accomplish this?

~jd