[teiid-designer-dev] DDL Importer For Designer

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 13:22:38 EDT 2009

Isn't JPA frameworks generate ANSI DDL? Not sure what you mean by JPA DDL. It may generate DDL using the source specific types. Please correct me if I understood your question wrong.

The way I see it for defining the "source" models SQL DDL (create/alter) is sufficient, however to define the abstraction layer we need extensions to the DDL like SQL/MED to define the transformations. Defining what this can be is currently in discussion in a different thread in teiid-dev list. When we are done defining what this DDL looks like, we would need a DDL importer that can read the above format can represent the DDL is GUI and can write out same DDL with any modifications made back on to disk for consumption by Teiid runtime.

As per the DDL importer didn't Teiid Designer already support a import DDL in its basic from from a text file?

Ramesh..