[teiid-designer-dev] Removing dependencies on DQP from Salesforce and Web Service importer.

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 11:58:06 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 10:52 -0500, John Doyle wrote:
> Is there some reason that we can't leave ConfigurationManager as the
> public API (assuming that it might change in this release because of
> the JCA changes)?

Yes. Configuration Manager is going away completely with JCA changes.
The concept of connector type still exists, but Designer will *not*
maintain a copy of the properties that are needed for creating any
particular connector binding. This information is stored in ra.xml file
inside the connector's rar deployment file.

You can ask Teiid admin to give you properties needed to create a
certain connector, based on that you can drive a UI and create Connector
Binding (aka Connection Factory in Container terms) using the Teiid
admin api.

Ramesh..