[teiid-designer-dev] [teiid-dev] VDB Versioning Feature

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 13:42:17 EST 2010

What Ted is getting into here is physical limitations in the container
world. Since all the VDBs are stored on file system, you can not have
two same named files in same directory. This is no different form
earlier versions of Teiid (not MMx as it used DBMS for storage). Having
separately named files with same VDB name in the 'ConfigurationInfo.def'
file is still possible. If this necessary we could work with tooling to
include the version number on the vdb file going forward.

But we *can not* support the automatic version of the VDB. This needs to
be a explicit exercise from the user by defining the version info in the
'ConfigurationInfo.def' file before he/she deploys it.