[teiid-designer-dev] Teiid Designer 6.3 hurdles

Barry Lafond blafond at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 14:59:31 EST 2010

All,

Thanks to Dan Florian and John Verhaeg for tackling and solving the EMF resource problems we were encountering.

I've also located our performance bottleneck trying to use Eclipse 3.5 & Teiid Designer.

Our "debug" framework was utilizing a method in Eclipse's osgi bundle framework that wasn't a problem in 3.4.1, but is now a "dog" in 3.5.0. Fortunately, Designer's trace/debug framework that we developed a LONG time ago isn't even exposed in Teiid Designer and was targeted for removal at some point.

We'll just prevent the code from getting that far and we should be good to go.

So we'll be moving ahead to a little heavier testing here in the next day or so and hopefully have 6.3 released by Monday, Jan. 18th.

Barry LaFond
Teiid Designer Project Lead