[teiid-designer-dev] Teiid Designer 7.0 Work

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 17:20:49 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 17:07 -0500, Barry Lafond wrote:
> > No, we're not planning on maintaining 6.2.  The idea, which we still
> believe is possible, is to auto-build and deploy VDBs under the covers
> that contain artifacts from the workspace, build an appropriate DTP
> profile, etc., then use DTP's existing preview capability against that
> Teiid source.
>
> Barry: "Under the covers" means replacing the current designer
> "runtime query metadata" with a standard (hidden) VDB..... dang, this
> sounds like Dimension.

Cool! This is even better. I was under the impression that this was not
possible based on the original preview functionality discussions.

Note that each time you update the VDB in the Teiid Container, the
previous one is un-deployed and the new one deployed. This could be
little heavy weight (slow).