[teiid-designer-dev] Teiid Designer Connections paradigm

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Fri Jun 4 14:08:12 EDT 2010

----- "John Verhaeg" <john.verhaeg at gmail.com> wrote:

On Jun 4, 2010, at 11:46 AM, John Doyle wrote:

But do we know yet how the connection profile properties and their values will map to whatever properties Teiid understands?

> JD-For each 'type' of profile (JDBC, SF, WSDL) there will be a fixed set of properties. So we will have to create a fixed mapping for each Profile-Trans/DS pairing. Currently the only profiles I've got are JDBC, so we can start with those, and then follow on with SF when I create it.

So that means the use of custom connectors from Designer will also require the development of new DTP connection profile, an extension to this mapping, etc.?
Yes, assuming if the custom connector developer wants to go that far.

Thanks,

JPAV