[teiid-designer-dev] Critical Designer VDB Artifact and VDB Editor changes

Barry Lafond blafond at redhat.com
Mon Jun 14 15:17:59 EDT 2010

John,

As of today's code-base, the VDB editor framework is a step-behind the schema defined by Teiid. Namely, there is no placeholder or accommodation for an attribute in the "source" element to handle a "translator-name". Without this info, the VDB's aren't consumable by Teiid.

Also, as of today's code-base, I can't create a new VDB in Designer due to the following... (this worked a week ago)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/teiid/designer/vdb/Vdb
at com.metamatrix.modeler.internal.vdb.ui.editor.VdbEditor.init(VdbEditor.java:544)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:798)

Per our weekly conference call today, providing the Teiid Tooling necessary to at least create a valid Teiid VDB artifact seems to be critical to producing a demo-able 7.0 Release sometime in the next week to 10 days.

How can we make this happen?

Barry LaFond
Teiid Designer Project Lead