[teiid-designer-dev] [teiid-dev] vdb connector binding names

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 12:08:41 EST 2010

All this is making me like the alternative scenario more.  The only time an explicit source name (aka vdb specific connector binding name) other than the model name comes into place is with multi-source.  And in that case we assume source name == connector binding name.

That gives us updated terminology:

a connector / connetor type - scope deployment wide
a connector binding / connector binding name == source name / jndi name - scope deployment wide
a model name - scope vdb

The additional requirement for multi-source is that they must keep connector binding names consistent across environments.