[teiid-designer-dev] [teiid-dev] Teiid Tools - Designer, CDK, etc.

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 19:31:11 EDT 2010

JPAV,

I get it. Until we have such single unified tools environment, these
kinds of things will pop up. Even if you have environment, there is no
guarantee that someone else will not do this. Granted, you may not be
including that in your tools release, I believe CDK development is also
at the same stage.

Right now, I see this as just any other eclipse plugin works in in any
of the eclipse environments. That *is* all Teiid requirement. I have no
problems if this delivered as stand-alone plugin to begin with. There is
JIRA and WIKI page
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/TeiidConnectorDevelopmentEclipsePlugin

for design /road map and plenty of email discussions.

We have not talked about any JBT integration and I always saw this as an
following task after the tech-preview. Designer is just being integrated
into JBT (yet to be released), so it not new for Teiid tools to be
delivered in this form. I am not saying I advocating against it, with
resources we have this is best we have planned. I have no issues you
shepherding this plugin's integration into JBT. Actually, I welcome it.

Thanks.

Ramesh..