[teiid-designer-dev] Potential Designer Source Bindings Strategy

John Verhaeg jverhaeg at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 15:54:00 EDT 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 9:07 AM, John Doyle wrote:

> Do you think it would be a workable solution to enable a user to configure connections to multiple Teiids, but have only one connection alive at a time?  All the UI would then be synchronized to that Teiid and we could do our 'hidden' work safely.

Yes, I think that would be feasible, but I'm still losing the motivation for making any of this hidden.

> A container DS is not supposed to used outside of the container.  There are ways you can hack access, but it's an anti-pattern.  With the DTP plugins I'm working on the user will be able to configure a DTP connection to the source DBMS and view the data through the same UI that they will use to query Teiid.  I think this is a pretty good solution, and a nice new feature that we'll get for free.

I'm not sure, but I think I'm talking about the same thing.  I didn't mean to imply the use of the container DS, just to use DTP to preview the data on the source DBMS via the same DTP connection that was initially used during import, vs. using DTP to query the source model via a VDB deployed to a Teiid.

Thanks,

JPAV