[teiid-designer-dev] Translator Deployment in Teiid Jopr Plugin

Ted Jones tejones at redhat.com
Mon May 17 16:32:11 EDT 2010

There are two ways to create/deploy resources in Jopr:

1.) Via configuration - where the user enters the configuration values need to create and deploy a resource

2.) As a standalone resource file - think of war or vdb deployment here. The resource archive or file already exists and can be deployed via Jopr.

Any thoughts on which way we should go regarding Translators? If we go with 2, there will be a dependency on the Designer to actually create the Translator resource. If we go with 1, there will be no way to deploy an existing Translator through Jopr (other than manually). There *may* be a way to implement this as a Jopr operation from the Teiid runtime resource but it seems clunky to me to do it this way.

I am pursuing 1 for now due to the Designer dependency, but thought it would be good to air this out in the mailing lists as well in case there is some consideration I have overlooked.

Thanks,
Ted