[teiid-designer-dev] teiid designer git repository now available

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 11:37:12 EDT 2012

We are already doing that with the Teiid 8.0, as there is no compatible
Teiid Designer 8.0. We are hoping that Designer team can put forward a
release that coincides with the Teiid-8.1.

As for lock step, we have to do that to a certain respect, because

1) we are not standards based implementation, that tooling put out their
release and it will work in the runtime like JEE.

2) Designer does share lot of code from Teiid itself. We are kind of
joined at the hip, so any language changes will be reflected in Designer.

So, it does not really matter when we release, but we need to do
compatible releases. I do believe that it is easier to explain to users
when they were lock step.

Ramesh..