[teiid-designer-users] Native JDBC vendor driver support in 6.0.0

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 15:23:48 EDT 2009

Starting with release Teiid 6.0.0 (Designer and Embedded) the support
for the vendor supplied JDBC drivers is extended to include

Oracle
Microsoft SQL Server
DB2

Teiid Designer will provide templates for you to use the vendor's JDBC
drivers to import and preview data from database.  Embedded will work
with the native drivers in building a respective Connector connections.

Note that we *DO NOT* bundle any vendor JDBC drivers with Teiid kits,
you are still required for providing these drivers to be used with Teiid
Designer and Teiid Embedded and configuring them correctly to make use
of them.

"Data Direct" based JDBC templates for importing and building Connectors
are removed from community versions. Please note that you could still
use the "Data Direct" drivers, but pre-built customized templates are
not available. We will give directions on how you can use "Data Direct"
in forth coming WIKI article soon.

If you are looking for a specific Database support, please be sure to
let us know, and open up a JIRA.

Thanks.

Ramesh..