Re: [teiid-designer-users] Driver list menù

Barry Lafond blafond at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 16:25:47 EDT 2009

Salvatore,

Thx for your question and glad to hear you are taking our application for a test drive...

Because of licensing, the Teiid Designer does not come with built-in drivers. You'll need to download and add/create them from within the JDBC Import Wizard.

We've got an example on the project Wiki:

https://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13271

Once a Driver is created/added, URL syntax defined, driver class selected and jar files specified, you can use the Driver to create a data Source definition containing specific URL/DB properties, username & password to actually connect to your source to extract the schema data and create your relational model objects.

Also see Designer's documentation at:

http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/designer/6.0/user-guide/importers-chapter.html#jdbc-import-section

Barry LaFond
Teiid Designer Project Lead