[teiid-dev] Fwd: [teiid-designer-dev] Connection Factories

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 12:51:22 EDT 2010

DTP has the capability to export a ConnectionProfile (equivalent to our JDBCSource metadata in designer) to a file.  We could use that as a portable connection metadata.  With default DTP features the user could save it to any place on the filesystem (the project if they chose) and add it to the vdb.  We could add create an Action that allowed a user to export the ConnectionProfile info for a given source model into a VDB if we wanted.

~jd