[teiid-dev] [teiid-users] Alternative scripting environment for AdminShell

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 15 10:27:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 10:13 -0400, Steven Hawkins wrote:
> So one possible approach is:
>
> - provide a Groovy based AdminShell for admin scripting, but document how the classes can be used in you JVM scripting language of choice.  It can retain our contextual admin logic, and while SQL execution via Groovy (not through parser interception) would be possible in these scripts, it would not be a primary function of the tool.
> - promote the use of SQuirreL/Execute Query/etc. for graphical and Henplus/SQLShell/etc. for a command line SQL tool

I am fine with this approach. This will demote the SQL*PLUS nature of
this tool, while retaining the SQL functionality for the scripting use
(if needed). We will not ab able to provide the out-of-box experience
with the SQL*PLUS kind of tools now, however, we could persuade these
tools to include Teiid connection semantics.

Ramesh..