[teiid-dev] Exposing connector defined metadata to tooling.

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Sat Apr 24 04:08:56 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 15:21 -0400, Steven Hawkins wrote:
> 1. UI stuff specific to the source type for configuring source
> specific import settings (type mappings, delimiters, ...), the source
> connection, etc.
> 2. UI stuff to determine what to import

To begin with, if Teiid has importer plugin with 2, and for 1 have below

a. simple basic UI configurable based on supplied properties
b. has extensible plugin based configuration

it would be help. For (a) I am thinking, if we provide a configuration
file for each source type,  it should create a new importer. This screen
would contain properties such as in these
https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-15058 in JDBC and Text connectors.
Obviously, for this somebody needs to come with a simple DSL to drive
the UI that drives the configuration file.

Ramesh..