[teiid-dev] Embedded Vs Server in the Designer

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Thu Apr 29 16:34:51 EDT 2010

----- "Ramesh Reddy" <rareddy at redhat.com> wrote:

> just changing the title of the email from last one..
>
> On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 15:01 -0400, Ramesh Reddy wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 14:24 -0400, John Doyle wrote:
> > > as part of the embedded Teiid for Designer which results from
> this
> > > change,
> > No, this assumption is wrong. Designer can keep going on the same
> path
> > as today, the only thing will change in this case is to designer to
> > support the both layers. Designer team was already doing the
> similar
> > technique for JDBC connectors from the earlier design, now, with
> this
> > change it will apply to all the sources.

I understood part of this proposal to be an alternative to the path designer was taking, and addressing a lot of the complexities of that approach.  Specifically that in this new path 'preview' of physical and virtual models would be accomplished with an embedded teiid, and that the user would "Deploy" a VDB to the container to test a VDB via a DTP connection to Teiid.  Do I understanding that your are proposing that 'preview' of models on a remote Teiid also be supported in the tooling?

~jd