[teiid-users] 7.0 breaking changes

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 14:52:56 EST 2009

Hello all,

Just a quick change notice for anyone looking to move to the upcoming 7.0 M1.

TEIID-145 changes our old default handling of treating double quoted strings as string literals to instead use ANSI rules that always treat double quoted strings as identifiers.  See the issue comments if you want to continue using the old non-standard behavior.

TEIID-870 changes our JDBC metadata to report the vdb name as the catalog and the model name as the schema.  Any direct usage of Teiid's DatabaseMetadata will need to account for this - e.g. instead of using the vdb name as a schema pattern, it should be passed as the catalog.  And any searches using a table name should not include the model name as part of the table name.

TEIID-869 system tables have been changed to better reflect our metadata internals.  Most notably, the properties tables have all been collapsed into a single table.  Something to consider is that to facilitate legacy vdbs we may also want to change the name of the schema so that it doesn't conflict if we also add in the old System schema.

Let me know if there are any questions,
Steve