[teiid-users] removing system physical

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 11:35:38 EDT 2009

> wouldn't removing this cause us to supply same logic in code to
to extract data from index files and present in System model format?

We would still need to supply the System model tables (I would also like to add some columns and another table), but the processing logic will be different.  The change in the processing logic is completely under the covers and would not affect Designer/Users other than making System queries faster.

> Would it make sense if we just materialize or cache the system tables to
get the performance you are looking for?  You have mentioned this idea
before.

The internal processing would change to be based off of the object model form and not the index table form, which can be thought of as materializing the joins.