[teiid-users] version 7.0 stand alone server configuration

Charles Simon charles.simon at selectbs.com
Mon Apr 5 16:05:46 EDT 2010

I have been developing an connector with version 6.2 and realized I
should be looking forward to version 7.0 so I download some files from
7.0 and started reading up on the changes coming in 7.

While reading the "Teiid 7.0 Installation Guide" I read the following:
> Teiid 7.0 installation is entirely different from the previous
> versions. Previously Teiid could
> be installed as standalone server or embedded server. Starting with
> this release Teiid will
> need to be installed into a existing JBoss AS installation. Teiid will
> be another component
> inside the JBoss AS rather than have its own runtime environment. One
> disadvantage of this
> configuration is Teiid will not support the "embedded" mode in 7.0
> version.
I was shocked to find that Teiid will no longer support a stand alone
server installation and must be installed into a JBoss AS environment.
Am I wrong?

--

Charles Simon
Principal Software Engineer