[teiid-users] version 7.0 stand alone server configuration

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 5 17:05:27 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 16:56 -0400, Charles Simon wrote:
> Should I be developing a JCA connector that gets added to Teiid or is
> Teiid the JCA connector and I still need to be developing using the
> Teiid connector API?

Teiid Connector API extends the JCA API. The Teiid runtime uses the
Connector API to communicate with the Teiid Connector. But at the same
time

Teiid Connector *is a* JCA connector.

Here Teiid provides rest of the hooks *to be* a JCA Connector. It needs
to be JCA connector to live in a Container like JBoss AS, so that Teiid
can make use of data sources, connection pooling, security etc.

So, you can keep developing your connector as before. However, before
you can move your connector to 7.0 release you need to

1) update it with latest Connector API from 7.0. One major difference
here is how you define/read configuration properties.
2) it needs be packaged differently. This requires RAR file format.
3) deployed in the environment differently. It is exactly like defining
a Connection Factory/Data Source in JBoss AS.

We are also in process of developing a Eclipse plugin for connector
development, we will have a version of it before 7.0 final release.

Ramesh..