[teiid-users] version 7.0 stand alone server configuration

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 09:43:47 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 17:52 -0400, Charles Simon wrote:

> I forgot to mention that my connector has to use the "Dynamic VDB"
> with
> connector supplied Meta data.  Will this this be any easier to
> setup?
No more easier than before.

> did notice the article that said the DVDB file must have a name
> ???-vdb.xml, but did not find any specifics on what that files should
> contain.  Is it the same format as the 6.2 .def file?

Yes, the file name must be in the form ???-vdb.xml, so that VDB deployer
can find the file by pattern matching the name and auto-load. The format
of the file itself is slightly modified. I have updated the examples
section, and wiki documents @ https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-15058

Also, in the Teiid's client jar, there is schema file called
"vdb-deployer.xsd" for this.

> I ask this because I had a problem that I ran into while developing
> with
> the 6.2 CDK.  It did not support the ability to have connection
> specific
> Meta data.  It always used the Meta data the TranslationUtility was
> created with to parse the SQL command and the TranslationUtility had
> be created before the ConnectorHost was created, which is needed to
> create a connection.
With 6.2 CDK, the only way to test is to build the VDB first and then
test as you are describing above. The Dynamic-VDB does not need this
form of testing, as you can test directly with the Teiid engine.

> I need to control the Meta data my connector gives to Teiid based on
> connection's userid and password.  Is there a way to do that?
There is way to see who is logged in at the connector. Check out
"ExecutionContext" class in the connector API. If you are using
 6.2 --> getUser()
 7.0 --> getSubject()
to get to the logged in user. As you see in the first call Teiid will
not be able to tell you any group/role information, however 7.0 call
does. In 6.2 you would have to find alternative ways to supply the same.
(see credential map or trusted payload in the reference guide, however
these are non existent in 7.0)

Ramesh..