[teiid-users] [teiid-dev] Alternative scripting envrionment for AdminShell

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 21:33:19 EDT 2010

As a separate tool it is focused enough to support features such as sql command completion and other much beyond what we can offer :)

Integration with Groovy isn't really the right path coming from this direction.  You would rather see us support more functionality through sql, like the old admin vdb - which could be added back easily with the reduced admin logic and admin objects that map to xml (sqlxml).  We should even support in line definition of procedures, which may require changes in the tool to support, but would mitigate the need for introducing another language.