[teiid-users] [teiid-dev] Alternative scripting envrionment for AdminShell

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 09:27:59 EDT 2010

You nailed my concern Steve.  I've never actually used AdminShell for admin tasks, I use it like
SQL*PLUS.  I think there are probably more reasons to separate these concerns than to combine them.  I haven't looked at either of the two tools you linked to, but if we can validate that one of them works well enough then I think that should be sufficient for a query tool for Teiid.

I think the added verbosity of the groovy solution is more acceptable for an admin tool than for a query tool, and is worth it given the added capabilities that multiple connections offer.

~jd