[teiid-users] Teiid - chage the default user, please provide feedback

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Dec 21 11:34:09 EST 2010

Hello,

When you install Teiid, out of the box there are two separate functional
users that pre-configured for convenience, so that users can jump right
into examples. Teiid has a

1) JDBC user "admin" with password "teiid"
2) Admin user "admin" with password "admin"

Although, the user name is same in both, these both represent two
separate users with different security-domains, used for different
purposes. One can NOT be interchanged for another. However, since both
the user names are "admin" it has been a great deal of confusion among
users which one is the right user and its respective password. We would
like to eliminate this confusion, thus we logged this JIRA

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/TEIID-1372

We decided to keep the Admin connection as is, however we would like to
change the "JDBC" user's name. The question is what that needs to be?
some suggestions are

user/pwd
1) teiid/teiid
2) guest/guest
3) user/user
4) ??

Please either vote for something from above or suggest some meaningful
defaults for user name and password.

Thank you very much for your time.

Ramesh..