[teiid-users] minimal required JBoss profile

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 12:24:45 EDT 2010

Charles,

What is the real requirement you are working for?

1) Does Teiid need to be embedded in your own Java app (in same JVM) and
work from there?

2) Teiid can be standalone (separate VM), to which your Java application
connects to?

If (2), you can do that with current Teiid profile. You can bundle your
"connector" (note: from 7.0 these are called "translators") along with
Teiid and JBoss AS in a single ZIP file and deploy on Windows, Linux
etc.

If (1), what you are looking for is embeddable Teiid. It is possible to
create "embedded" Teiid, however currently we do not offer this. We were
planning to do this 7.1 or 7.2. If you are interested in this feature
you can log a JIRA at https://jira.jboss.org/browse/TEIID

If there is enough interest from community, we can bump the priority of
the feature.

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 12:37 -0400, Charles Simon wrote:
> I have been looking at the new Teiid requirement that it must be
> deployed into JBoss AS.  I was expecting to be able to package Teiid and
> my connector in a single "easily" installable package on Windows.  With
> the JBoss AS requirement that appears to no longer be possible.
>
> I have 2 questions.
>
> 1) What is the minimalist profile that is required for Teiid to work?
"default" works fine. If you do not care about admin functionality, with
some tweaks "web" profile may work too.

> 2) Can I install and configure JBoss AS plus Teiid plus my connector and
> distribute that as a single package, or is that no allowed by the licenses?

Teiid is LGPL2.

Thanks.

Ramesh..