[teiid-users] Are there newer versions of the SalesForce connector for 6.2?

Mike Mascari mascarim at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 20:45:38 EDT 2010

I though I might give teiid a trial run with SalesForce, so I:

1. Installed Eclipse 3.4.2 (Ganymede)
2. Downloaded teiid_designer_6.2.0.v20090922.zip
3. Followed the docs, installed the software, restarted eclipse
4. Created a new Metadata Modeling -> Model project
5. Choose Import -> Metadata Modeling -> Salesforce as Relational Source Model
6. Supplied my Username and Password
7. Clicked "Override Connection URL" and supplied the test url:

https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/18.0

(which I note is eight versions higher that the default Teiid url)

8. Click Validate Credentials and get:

No operation available for request {urn:partner.soap.sforce.com}login

9. Click OK to dismiss the dialog
10. Click Validate Credentials again (for giggles), "Next ->" button becomes enabled
11. Click Next ->, get:

Exception gathering salesforce metadata: java.lang.NullPointerException

12. Checked the <workspace>/.metadata/.log for any stack traces, but didn't find anything.

Any tips on how to proceed?

- Mike