[teiid-users] Teiid 7.0 CR1

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Thu Jun 10 21:06:06 EDT 2010

Hello all,

We are pleased to announce that after many long hours of work Teiid 7.0 CR1 is available.  This candidate release refines our separation of the old connector API into light weight Translators and JCA components [1]. Text [2] and web service [3] integration has been redesigned from the ground up to simplify usage.  Nearly all of SQL/XML 2003 [4] support has been added, as well as XMLTABLE [5] and XMLQUERY [6] from SQL/XML 2006 which replace our old xml/relational logic and direct XQuery integration respectively. See the examples for a dyanmic vdb that calls and processes REST and RPC webservices from the National Weather Service for getting started with some of the XML features.

Support for nested table references was added [7], which is a better alternative Teiid's procedural relational style queries.  And finally the AdminShell now has both a command line and a graphical mode thanks to a redesign utilizing Groovy [8].

As you can see there is a lot of new and powerful features available.  Check it out today - http://www.jboss.org/teiid/downloads.html

The Teiid Team

[1] https://jira.jboss.org/browse/TEIID-1075
[2] https://jira.jboss.org/browse/TEIID-1102