[tohu-users] questionair to include into larger application

Damon Horrell damonnomad71 at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Sep 1 16:03:39 EDT 2014

Hi Jelle,

You can write any Java code within the rules so for example you can call one of your REST apis to fetch the values to display for the multiple choice answers.  You'll need to convert whatever this returns into various PossibleAnswer objects.  It'll be cleaner if you put most of the code in a Java class and then declare this as a global within the rules.

Also if you wish to persist the data that the user enters then use KnowledgeSessionHelper.getAnswers() to get the values for saving.  Then to recreate a questionnaire from saved data you need to instantiate Answer objects and insert them into the session.  xml-example illustrates both of these using a dummy textarea containing XML as the "persisted storage".  See OutputServlet for saving and submit.jsp for reading back.  In your case you'll probably want to convert the Map returned by getAnswers() into JSON which you can pass to your REST backend.

Re documentation, I'm sorry but there is only what's on the WIki (https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/Tohu) plus the examples and Javadoc.  But I'm happy to answer any questions.

Regards, Damon