[undertow-dev] Undertow Security: PicketBox5

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 18:44:30 EST 2012

On 11/13/2012 04:40 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On 11/13/2012 04:32 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>      I was not aware of this mailing list until today.
>>
>> 3-4 months ago, we rewrote PicketBox5 to be a generic security framework.
>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/SECURITY/Java+Application+Security
>> https://github.com/picketbox/picketbox
>>
>> We neither have JAAS stuff nor Servlet Security
>> (FORM,DIGEST,CLIENT-CERT,BASIC) tied to Tomcat Authenticators.
>> I am wondering if there is a scope for using PicketBox5 with Undertow.
>> Also there is no tie in into any containers in
>> PicketBox5.
> In a word: why?
>
> What does PicketBox provide that Undertow needs?  I'd be highly
> skeptical unless it's clear what requirements were fed *into* PicketBox
> to begin with.  We know what we need; the burden of justification lies
> on you in this case.
At a bare minimum from Undertow perspective, PicketBox5 has implemented
the Servlet security mechanisms in a container independent fashion .
You can take a look at that. If Undertow needs to implement servlet
security mechanism, we can provide you a PBox5 tiny library to
integrate into undertow or you will have to code it yourself, unless you
have already done that. :)