[undertow-dev] Configure authentication mechanisms

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 17:33:10 EDT 2013

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/WildFlyWebContainerSecurityUseCases

We use JBossWeb Valves/Authenticators in AS7/JBossWeb.

Undertow currently just handles the standard mechanisms
(gss,form,basic,client-cert,digest) via the LoginConfig construct.
https://github.com/undertow-io/undertow/blob/master/core/src/main/java/io/undertow/Undertow.java

I am wondering if it is possible to update the builder API to change to
overriden implementations of the mechanisms for example: FORM.  In my
case, the SAMLAuthenticationMechanism would be a subclass of
FormAuthenticationMechanism.

I think Bill Burke has a similar use case where he would like to inject
an OAuth driven Auth Mechanism.

I guess as a start the builder api should be updated.  Not sure how it
should look.