[undertow-dev] AuthenticationMechanismFactory

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 11:47:26 EST 2013

On Dec 13, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Anil Saldhana <Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/13/2013 10:21 AM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>> On 12/13/2013 09:51 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>>> I am mainly viewing this from DeploymentInfo API aesthetics/usability
>>> perspective.
>> No point in continuing then, as aesthetics is completely subjective by
>> definition, and thus all answers are equally "right" or "wrong";
>> debating the finer points of API aesthetics is perhaps an amusing
>> diversion but it is also a major time consumer.
>>
>> See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality
>>
> Sure - if Undertow is a project that caters to a small set of
> integrators and expected to have
> a very short shelf life, then yes, the discussion is pointless.  But ...
> as Tomcat and Jetty have shown,
> Java based web containers have a long shelf life.  API design becomes
> paramount. :)

I want the API to be awesome too :) Note that Stuart is looking for feedback for
all of the Undertow APIs (not just this) before it goes final. This is our
one-and-only chance to get them right.

Hearing the top 10 API annoyances from everyone would be awesome!

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat