[undertow-dev] AuthenticationMechanism, ChallengeResult and Response Code

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 11:24:03 EST 2013

FYI: For my case at least, I can co-exist with other Auth mechanisms, I
just need to be able to abort the sendChallenge loop and make sure I can
have my auth mechanism first in the sendChallenge loop (pretty sure that
one is already there).

> This may come under the same area as the single challenge I just replied
> to Bill about.
>
> For mechanisms that may behave in this way can we detect that they would
> want exclusivity from within the authenticate method?
>
> On 16/12/13 15:44, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> Hi,
>>     I am wondering if a flag can be set in ChallengeResult such that
>> undertow does not try to set the response code on the httpserverexchange
>> before sending the challenge?
>>
>> The reason is that an authentication mechanism may have already utilized
>> the httpservletresponse object to set a response code such as:

>> response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_MOVED_TEMPORARILY);
>> response.sendRedirect(destination);

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com