[undertow-dev] Should AttachmentKey implement equals?

Shannon Lloyd shanloid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 23:39:47 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm noticing that I can't pull an attachment back off the exchange using
AttachmentKey.create(Class), presumably because AttachmentKey (or rather
SimpleAttachmentKey) doesn't override equals to compare based on the
wrapped Class object, so it's using object identity, which obviously
doesn't work.

Is this by design? Do I need to hold onto the key I used to add the
attachment in the first place? This seems a bit counter-intuitive, as it
means pushing keys around between handlers, when simply implementing equals
on the key would avoid that. Am I supposed to provide my own key
implementation (i.e basically rewrite SimpleAttachment key - I can't
believe that this is the answer)?

Or am I just missing something obvious?

Cheers,
Shannon