[undertow-dev] Undertow as embeddable web container

Tomaz Cerar tomaz.cerar at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 17:43:06 EDT 2013

Question is what kind of testing and what kind of functionally do you
need.

Undertow-core works that way already (most of internal test suite uses it)
But if you are talking about deploying web applications(.war) we would
need to do bit more.
Currently deployment handling is done by AS integration layer
(undertow-subsystem project atm)
and not by undertow itself.

But it should not be hard to make undertow "standalone" for uses in
embeddable container.
I started working on having "standalone distribution" where you would get
really stripped down
version of AS that would include undertow with AS management & deployment
capability.

It is something worth investigating.

--
tomaz