[undertow-dev] Overriding Authentication Mechanism for the deployment

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Mon May 13 19:29:29 EDT 2013

That maps to the login-config element in web.xml. I was just thinking
about how we could allow this to configure custom authenticators. A
class name by itself is not enough, as you need some way of configuring
the authenticator.

I was thinking we introduce:

interface AuthenticationMechanismFactory {
   AuthenticationMechanism create(final Map<String, String> properties);
}

And then allow a syntax like so:

<auth-method>com.acme.MyAuthMechanismFactory?prop1=val1,prop2=val2</auth-method>

Thoughts?

Stuart

Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Also another location is Undertow->LoginConfig class probably we need the same flexibility.
> I did see a TODO there.
>
> On May 13, 2013, at 6:13 PM, Stuart Douglas<sdouglas at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> I changed this to the DeploymentInfo level, and also made it a list to
>> allow multiple custom authentication mechanisms to be used in the same
>> deployment.
>>
>> Stuart
>>
>> Anil Saldhana wrote:
>>> Hi Stuart/Darran,
>>>     I sent in a PR
>>> (https://github.com/anilsaldhana/undertow/commit/70838540d01c821973b38f530a97be2f54e83c13)
>>> to override the authentication mechanism used for a particular web app
>>> irrespective of what is configured in web.xml login config
>>>
>>> I need this behavior to introduce saml workflow into a web app.
>>>
>>> I put the API change at the DeploymentManagerImpl level.  If you have a
>>> better alternative, I would like to hear.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Anil