[undertow-dev] modeling the handler Factory interface

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue May 14 07:55:01 EDT 2013

Take a look at Feature, DynamicFeature, and Configurable for JAX-RS 2.0

https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/blob/master/jaxrs/jaxrs-api/src/main/java/javax/ws/rs/core/Feature.java

https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/blob/master/jaxrs/jaxrs-api/src/main/java/javax/ws/rs/core/Configurable.java

https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/blob/master/jaxrs/jaxrs-api/src/main/java/javax/ws/rs/container/DynamicFeature.java

Feature is your factory concept.  Its passed a Configurable that allows
you to look up config properties and register components.
DynamicFeature allows you to bind per-endpoint.

Might want to check out the filter model as well.  Resteasy made use of
the JAX-RS filter model in a variety of use cases in both sync and async
environments.  The model was also vetted by other vendors.  Might be
something to check out to see if Undertow handler's missed anything.
When I get a chance to port my OAuth stuff I'll have more suggestions
for your handler API, maybe.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat