[undertow-dev] Authentication Mechanism Configuration

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Nov 25 09:45:31 EST 2013

Hopefully now is going to be the time to once and for all get the
authentication mechanism configuration completed for the Undertow /
WildFly integration.

I have an old discussion I am going through again that covers
configuring the mechanisms from the subsystem level i.e. a war can have
it's security settings defined / overridden without the contents of the
war being affected.

But there is also the second group of users that prefers to have
complete control within the deployment.

I see you have already suggested the following Stuart: -

 > I was thinking we introduce:
 >
 > interface AuthenticationMechanismFactory {
 >     AuthenticationMechanism create(final Map<String, String> properties);
 > }
 >
 > And then allow a syntax like so:

<auth-method>com.acme.MyAuthMechanismFactory?prop1=val1,prop2=val2</auth-method>

In previous releases the equivalent would have been achieved by defining
a valve in the web app.

Is this the kind of approach we want for web apps that are defining
their own mechanisms?  Is there any additional configuration required?

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.