[undertow-dev] security and Http Upgrade/Websocket connection requests

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 10:21:00 EDT 2013

> Not sure what you are saying.
>
> At the WAR level, can I secure HTTP Upgrade requests in the same way I
> secure any other HTTP traffic?  I want to be able to have per-deployment
> Undertow handlers that hook in our security plugins so that we can
> secure both HTTP and Websocket connections.

Yes. Web socket connection are initiated by a filter, which is always the last filter in the chain, so if you are using JSR-356 websockets the upgrade will only happen if all servlet security rules are satisfied. So basically yes, if you secure your servlet app you also secure websockets.

I was talking about the HTTP upgrade we do for Wildfly services, such as remote EJB and management.

Stuart