[undertow-dev] LoadBalancingProxyClient extensions

ralf_boogie_blues at bluewin.ch ralf_boogie_blues at bluewin.ch
Sat Jul 26 09:30:09 EDT 2014

Hi Undertow Developers
I am playing a little bit with the LoadBalancingProxyClient feature in Undertow. I am looking for a solution that replaces my implementation of a load balancer, which is based on Apache HttpClient.
The LoadBalancingProxyClient fulfills almost the functionality I need. Do you have a plan for these two features?
To make tho host selection configurable. Currently, it is a static round robin strategy. I think this is a simple task and I was able to change the code so that this host selection is configurable.
The second feature is much more difficult for me to solve. I need a failover to the next host also in case the backend server responds with say a status code 503. The backend servers are based on the clustered HA singleton pattern, meaning, there is one backend server which is the master node. The other backend servers are up but shouldn't get http request. If the inactive servers get a call, then they will respond with 503.
We use Wildfly for front and backend servers. It would really cool to reuse all the undertow power:-)
Let me know what you think. I am certainly offer to help for whatever you need. Testing for example.
Regards,
Ralf