[undertow-dev] Port Reduction/Unification SSL/HTTP/MQTT

Dino Tsoumakis dimaki at gmx.de
Sun Jun 29 07:26:33 EDT 2014

Hello,

I’m currently migrating Glassfish-based Products to Widfly 8.1. I used Grizzly-based Port Unification to tunnel MQTT-Protocol over SSL on Glassfish. Now I switched to Wildfly and I would love to switch the port unification from grizzly to undertow, too. I know there are similar concepts for doing this, but I do not know which way is the best using undertow. On Glassfish I simply start an embedded grizzly for SSL and implemented special handlers for splitting HTTP protocol from MQTT. I know it is possible to use undertow’s builder API, add a listener and write a custom handler for it. Is this the preferred way to do that? Or is there a possibility to simply register a custom handler implementation without starting a separat embedded server. I have a complete wildfly instance running anyway. That way it would be easier to use the already configured SSL stuff (like configured realm, etc).
BTW: It would be possible to contribute this code.

Best regards
Dino