[undertow-dev] UndertowClient and SSL

Cristian Constantin ccristia at adobe.com
Mon Mar 10 07:28:22 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am using io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.SimpleProxyClientProvider to
implement a Reverse Proxy with Undertow.

If I proxy a remote service that uses HTTPS I get the following error:

'java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: UT000065: SSL must be specified to
connect to a https URL' at line 61 in HttpClientProvider (I'm using
undertow-core-1.0.1.Final).

Digging in the sources I found that
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientProvider#connect is called from
io.undertow.client.UndertowClient#connect with parameter XnioSsl ssl always
null.

So is the SSL support for the HTTP client not implemented yet? Or am I
missing something here?

Regards,

Cristian Constantin