[undertow-dev] Async sending of NIO objects thru a ServletOutputStream?

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 20:37:05 EDT 2014

Jim Crossley wrote:
> I actually figured that out, Stuart, thanks. So I have writing a
> ByteBuffer covered. Any thoughts on handling the ReadableByteChannel?
> Looking at the Jetty impl, it appears I need to read it into one or more
> ByteBuffers and then write them out. Should I use the Pooled<ByteBuffer>
> from the exhange's connection?

Yea, we don't have an easy way to just do that transfer at this stage,
you will need to read into the pooled buffer then write it out.

Is this an async or a blocking transfer? The problem with
ReadableByteChannel is that it can be a blocking channel, and as a
result reading from it in the IO thread will result in crappy performance.

Stuart