[undertow-dev] How do I handle HTTP Methods in Undertow?

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 20:00:32 EDT 2014

Undertow is intended to be a lightweight web server rather than a
container, so it does not really have any annotation processing
facilities built in, however it should be fairly easy to implement
something similar on top of Undertow.

Undertow has a handler called io.undertow.server.RoutingHandler, that
routes requests based on method and path. If you use this handler it
should be possible to build a handler chain based on annotations on the
handler classes.

Note that you don't want to be using reflection in the handleRequest
method, as reflection is relatively slow. Instead the best approach is
to read the annotations and boot time and build up the routing map while
the server is starting.

Stuart