[undertow-dev] Jersey on Undertow, without servlets?

Michael Hixson michael.hixson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:12:59 EDT 2015

Hello,

Has anyone run a Jersey application on Undertow, *without* using servlets?

By "using servlets" I mean wrapping an
org.glassfish.jersey.server.ResourceConfig in an
org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer and deploying that with
undertow-servlets.  That's pretty easy to do; I don't have any
complaints about it.  My question comes mostly from curiosity.

In my application, ServletContainer is the only connection to the
servlet API.  My naive view is that the application could be simpler
(in terms of the number of hidden gears turning to process requests)
and more efficient by avoiding the servlet API completely, and by only
using undertow-core.  Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe there is so much work
involved that no one in their right mind would try it.

-Michael