[undertow-dev] websocket per-message compression & design q

peter royal peter.royal at pobox.com
Thu Aug 13 09:53:11 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-11 23:51, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> Something we have been talking about for a while is the introduction of
> different underlying API than the XNIO Channel, probably taking a form
> similar to send(Pooled<ByteBuffer> buff), where the caller basically
> just
> transfers 'ownership' of the buffer to the underlying sender.
>
> For websockets this would definitely make the extension implementation
> much
> easier.

I have free cycles, so I'll play around with hacking at this.

I'll try and make a send(Pooled<ByteBuffer>) the primary work function
for a AbstractFramedStreakSinkChannel.

The existing 'long write(...)' methods will just delegate to the new
function, and hopefully it will fall out such that everything works :)

-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://fotap.org/~osi