[undertow-dev] Extending io.undertow.servlet.spec.HttpSessionImpl

Kákonyi István kakonyi.istvan at alerant.hu
Mon Aug 31 03:43:02 EDT 2015

Hi Team!

I am involved in a github project that try to implement a SIP Application Server under wildfy 8 (check https://github.com/Mobicents/sip-servlets/issues/3 for more detail).

According to SIP Servlet spec we have to implement a ConvergedHttpSession class that provides access to HttpSession related functionality which is only present in a converged HTTP/SIP container. In a converged container, an instance of HttpSession can be cast to ConvergedHttpSession in order to access methods available only to converged applications.

Wildfly 8 uses undertow-servlet project for session handling and I noticed that currently it is not possible to extend io.undertow.servlet.spec.HttpSessionImpl (it has only a private constructor method and a static method for instantiation), so we are stuck in the implementation a little bit because of that limitation.

Do you have any suggestion how to resolve this problem? Is there a chance to change HttpSessionImpl's constructor to "protected" in order to be able to extend it?

Best Regards,
Istvan